7 ways to get ready for a business contract
Prospecting your target market for new leads has been rewarding and you and your team have landed a meeting with a lead you have been chasing for months the contract negotiating meeting is scheduled and you have the lead over your competitors. Here are some tips to help you prepare your team and yourself for the meeting so that you leave an impression and with the deal finalised.
Your Seven Tips for Business Contract Negotiation Success
1.Be Prepared,Briefing your team on how the meeting will play out and what parts they are responsible for and knowing when to present and when to listen for comment. Review the agenda and know the process of the meeting.
2.Plan what team member is responsible for preparing what documents and is going to speak on this during the meeting and what team member they hand off to after they finish.When you’re calling a meeting, take time to think about who really needs to be there. If you’re announcing a change, invite the people who are affected by the announcement. If you’re trying to solve a problem, invite the people who will be good sources of information for a solution. When people feel that what’s being discussed isn’t relevant to them, or that they lack the skills or expertise to be of assistance, they’ll view their attendance at the meeting as a waste of time.
These questions need to be asked before you are attending the business meeting. In the example above, a step-by-step process would look something like the following;
– Has Dev team been able to confirm that the design can be created and functions operational from the briefing?
– Has the Content on the existing website been audited for site structure suggestions and relating pages identified?
– Has the SEO devised a structured page plan and identified keyword opportunities?
– Is the team happy with the new proposed design and final version?
Answering these questions tells you that your team is capable of making the new design work, that your team is working together and that you are now ready for the business meeting.
3. Enter the meeting with confidence and greet each member of the clients team with a handshake and look them them in the eye this is sign of respect and good manners.
4.Control the conversation having a member of your team take centre stage and get talky can ruin the vibe of the business meeting and you can thank them and regain attention and focus back to the points, Should a member of the client party be flapping his or her gums more than is required a simple polite “We appreciate your feedback and will take notes from any other speakers?” that provides verbal confirmation to all invited that you have heard the concern and can take on new input now effectively frame working the group conversation.
5. Maintain positivity throughout the meeting, there may be some negative or non constructive input during the meeting that should not be taken to heart remain confident and positive keep your body posture in place and lead your team the thought of their leader demolished during a meeting will only flow downstream and that will present that your team was dismantled by some negative comments, beat that by remaining in control.
6.Start on time, end on time. This is a big silent factor that can win you clients Ive seen it work effectively and you will be surprised especially with more corporate types of clients where time is money, being known to start on time and end on time is a good reputation to have use it to your advantage. People love to know their going to be finishing on time this is a positivity booster and you will see human behaviour unfold when you implement this for your business meetings.
and onto our final point
7.Ending with results, in some cases this may not work but push for an answer get the definitive Yes you will be amazed at the amount of business meetings that end with the prospective client in complete control of when next contact is and what the result of the meeting is so dont be that guy reach out and ask for the decision, “So we have presented our thoughts what is your decision?” the way you ask will play a factor ask with confidence that you just delivered the Wolf of wall street speech to your client and he’s hungry to give you the work without confidence this will turn into a “dont call us we will call you” moment and you dont want that.
November 4, 2019
October 4, 2019
September 4, 2019